Saturday 3 January 2009

Beauty and the abcess.

Sometimes I'm glad I don't have my camera with me. On Wednesday morning I walked to the doctors at 8am, aiming to get there for morning sugery. It was bitterly cold, frosty and misty. As I walked towards the tunnel under the rail tracks a train came past, turquoise sparks leaping off the overhead lines where the train touches them. And then I found a spider web sitting on the red light of a traffic light, frozen and glowing.

And I'm very, very glad I didn't have my camera with me, because they were both beautiful and I couldn't have done them justice. They'll survive better in my head. :)

P.S. Been in hospital for an operation for an abcess pressing on my spine and nerve clusters. Very painful. It should all be okay, but because of the way it needs to heal it means daily nurse visits and daily dressing changes. So I'm signed off from work for a week.

Just think of the knitting......

No comments: